Next keyboard layout

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Sun May 21 18:24:27 CEST 2006

Frantisek Polansky wrote:
> Now I have in my xorg.conf file this:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>         Driver      "kbd"
>         Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"
>         Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
>         Option      "XkbLayout" "us,cz"
>         #Option      "XkbVariant" ",qwerty"
> EndSection
>
> After restart Xorg and xfce is in switcher still only us. My version Xorg is xorg-6.9.0. Xfce4 has version 4.2.3.2 and xfce4-xkb-plugin is 0.3.3. I have freebsd version 6.1. Distro is some package? I don't know, what is it.
>
> Thank you for your help with it

For me an X server restart brought back normal functionality (my two
layouts) of the xkb plugin. But I have to say that my  system
configuration is quite different:
- xorg-x11-6.8.2
- xfce 4.3.90.x from svn (revision 21712)
- xfce4-xkb-plugin 0.4.1 (also from svn)
- Linux distribution (that's the distro ;-) Fedora Core 4

I posted the "InputDevice" section in my xorg.conf for the keyboard
configuration in my first reply, it differs from yours only in the
"XkbRules" entry, which I don't have.

So, you might try updating xfce4-xkb-plugin, but I'm not sure that's
possible for xfce 4.2.x since the panel plugin architecture has changed
for the upcoming xfce 4.4. I don't know what's the latest stable release
of xfce4-xkb-plugin and the goodies page doesn't load at the moment so I
can't check.
The first xfce 4.4 beta version is out, but I guess you'd rather wait
for the stable release and updating the entire xfce installation to get
one plugin to work might be too much effort.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, if something else comes to mind, I'll
let you know.

Nick.