Next keyboard layout

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Sun May 21 17:38:46 CEST 2006

Frantisek Polansky wrote:
> I have in my xorg.conf file this:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>         Driver      "kbd"
>         Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"
>         Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
>         Option      "XkbLayout" "us,cz"
>         Option      "XkbVariant" ",qwerty"
> EndSection
>
> When I run command 'setxkbmap cz -variant qwerty', so I can to type with
> my language. It is ok, but the XKB Layout Switcher have only US layout.
> I tried to restart Xorg with xfce (logout and then startx), but it is
> still same. What can I do, yet?

Hm, using setxkbmap you wouldn't need any layout entries in xorg.conf.
But I must admit that the xkb plugin doesn't like it when setting
layouts via setxkbmap, it actually crashes here and after restarting the
panel, I too have only the us layout left.

Try this: although it shouldn't do any harm, comment out the
"XkbVariant" entry in your xorg.conf for now. Log out of xfce, then
restart your X server (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) and log back in. If the
plugin now shows the two layouts (us and cz), that's fine and, for the
time being, you should not use setxkbmap together with the plugin. Then
uncomment the "XkbVariant" entry and try again (don't forget to restart
the X server).

Btw, what distro and X server version are you using?

Best,  Nick.