Problem using Thunar with smbfs

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat May 13 19:41:02 CEST 2006

Bob Snyder wrote:
> Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
>>Bob Snyder wrote:
>>

>>>I am trying to use Thunar to move/delete files that have been mounted
>>>with smbfs (I'm using slackware 10.2, Xfce 4.2.2, Thunar 0.3.0 beta1).
>>>The file's context box has the cut, delete, and rename selections grayed
>>>out as if I don't have write permission. However, I am able to do these
>>>same operations from a shell as the same ordinary user. Also, from the
>>>Properties->Permissions tab, the 'Group' button is blank, and pushing it
>>>does not drop down a list of groups. I would have read/write permissions
>>>through the group affiliation.
>>>
>>>I have played with the uid and gid options to smbmount with no effect.
>>>

>>That's already fixed in SVN.
>

> Thanks for the response Benny. I am having trouble building it from SVN.
> When I built 0.3.0 beta 1 a while back I had no problems.
>
> When I ran autogen.sh on the svn checkout, it said I didn't have
> xfce4-dev-tools so checked that out from SVN and built and installed it
> with no problems.
>
> I then re-ran autogen.sh, and it complained:
>
>  >configure.in:58: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_INTLTOOL
>  >      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>  >      See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> Not knowing what I am doing, I went ahead and ran configure which
> complained about not finding the exo-0.3 package. I re-ran configure
> with PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and it ran without further
> errors.
>
> Then when I ran make I got this:
>
> Makefile:903: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> Line 903 of the Makefile has only this:
>
> @INTLTOOL_DESKTOP_RULE@
>
> I'm stumped now. Something wrong with intltool, but not sure what to do.

You need to install the intltool package (which esp. includes
intltool.m4 for AC_PROG_INTLTOOL). If you have intltool installed, but
AC_PROG_INTLTOOL is still not found, search for intltool.m4 and add the
directory where the file is found to ACLOCAL_FLAGS, i.e.

 export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I <the-directory $ACLOCAL_FLAGS"

> Thanks again,
> Bob S.

Benedikt