Desktop disapeares

Gregor Koseleck lordmongrove at yahoo.de
Sat May 13 17:38:37 CEST 2006

Hi

I got xfce4 installed on ubuntu and it runs very nice.
However I mixed something up with the settings.
I do not know when exactly but I think that this
happened after I played around with the settings or
maybe after i started nautilus on xfce.
Whatever, the background of xfce is just brown. Before
that happens, there was the xfce-picture in the
background. The settings says that the picture is
still activated and the colorsettings the default blue
one. When I change the picture or the color of the
background, nothing happens. There is still this
(ubuntu-)brown background.
I got also no desktopmenu; when I leftclick on the
background, no menu appeares.
I do not know where that comes and how to deactivate
it.
Any clues?

TIA
Gregor