Problem using Thunar with smbfs

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Sat May 13 01:25:28 CEST 2006

I am trying to use Thunar to move/delete files that have been mounted
with smbfs (I'm using slackware 10.2, Xfce 4.2.2, Thunar 0.3.0 beta1).
The file's context box has the cut, delete, and rename selections grayed
out as if I don't have write permission. However, I am able to do these
same operations from a shell as the same ordinary user. Also, from the
Properties->Permissions tab, the 'Group' button is blank, and pushing it
does not drop down a list of groups. I would have read/write permissions
through the group affiliation.

I have played with the uid and gid options to smbmount with no effect.

Thanks,

Bob S.