Article on Xfce in LWN

Dennis J. Tuchler dennis.tuchler at earthlink.net
Thu May 11 21:15:07 CEST 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Oblio wrote:
>
>>> Do we need to care?
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> Maybe Xfce should set itself some sort of goal.
>> Something general enough, but still clear.
>>
>> To be leaner than Gnome or KDE.
>> Or to have at most the following apps supported: X, Y, Z, Q...
>> Or to depend at most on N supported libs...
>> Or to...
>>
>> I don't know, something specific to Xfce. I'd vote for speed ;)
>> But my vote is worthless, as I'm not a developer :)
>>

> Why "than GNOME"/"than KDE"? I'd say "Be usable" without any "than XYZ".

Who's the competition? I think "smaller than Gnome or KDE" is useful to
the uninitiated, but comparisons should be made more directly with
smaller, more agile stuff.

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130
USA

Whatever is not forbidden is permitted
-- Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
-- Wallensteins Lager