Xfce 4.3.90.1 & panel plugins

Peggy Kutyla peggy.kutyla at laposte.net
Mon May 8 19:34:05 CEST 2006

Adriano Winter Bess a écrit :
> On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 03:55:15PM +0200, Peggy Kutyla wrote:
>> [...]
>> When I try to add a plugin, i can see it in the add new item list
>> but the plugin didn't appear in the panel.
>> I only can see some xfce4-xxx-plugin <defunct>.
>
> Since plugins are linked against some Xfce libraries (and they seem to be
> installed in a none standard place), you have to either set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
> edit /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. The reason the plugins are not been
> loaded is probably because you're getting unresolved symbols during exec cause
> the system linker can't find the libraries.

You point it out!
In a terminal, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and running the panel, make the
pluging load.
However, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my .bash_profile is not enough.
The last option is edit /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.
But I'm pretty sure that will broke my xfce stable installation, will it ?

---
  ,,,
 (  °>  Peggy Kutyla
 ( / )  Linux Registered User 32848