Wavelan plugin for 4.4

James Westby jw+xfce at jameswestby.net
Sat May 6 18:56:50 CEST 2006

On (06/05/06 13:54), Foxy wrote:
> > checking for libxfce4panel-1.0 >= 4.3.20... not found
> > *** The required package libxfce4panel-1.0 was not found on your system.
> > *** Please install libxfce4panel-1.0 (atleast version 4.3.20) or adjust
> > *** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> > *** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
> > *** pkg-config is able to find it.

Do you have xfce4-panel-dev installed? Is it the newest version?

ls /usr/lib/pkgconfig | grep xfce

and

ls /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig | grep xfce

Would help diagnose it, but if it's installed then don't worry.

> > They have packaged this version? That would be obscenely quick. I've got
> > a Debian package, but I had a head start. What's the version number
> > you installed?
> >
> it is 0.50

I've just looked at the package lists and it's there. Props to the
Ubuntu devs.

> >> It does not work with my PCMCIA card on bcm4306 chip. I can choose the
> >> in properties, but it shows "No such WaveLAN device".
> >>

> > What kernel version are you running?
> >

> 2.6.15-21-686

Ok, so maybe there is an issue between some drivers and the newer
kernels. Or maybe its something else, it's hard to know really.

Thanks for your effort, hopefully I'll be able to find a fix.

James