french word game

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat May 6 07:34:29 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 16:14 +0200, Stephane Ascoet wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> > 	It's French.  Literally translated it means "is not" but this usage is
> > kind of like saying "ya know" or some other similar term.

> I'm french, and it seems you're doing a mistake at some point. I think
> you mean "N'est-ce pas?" or "N'est-il pas?" and it means "don't you
> think so?".

	Thank you for helping me learn this better.  It's obvious I'm not
French (just ask Olivier) so I just do what I can and hope babblefish
comes somewhat close in it's translations.  Unfortunately the only place
I've had to learn French is movies, and you know hos good Hollywood is
at keeping things authentic.  I will need to practice the correct
phrases.  Again, thanks.