Just installed the beta, a few questions...

Nick Deubert ndeubert at optonline.net
Tue May 2 16:05:40 CEST 2006

Andrew Conkling wrote:

>On 5/2/06, Nick Deubert <ndeubert at optonline.net> wrote:
>

>>Now for a couple questions... (i skimmed bugzilla for these with no success)
>>The workspaces don't wrap anymore?
>>

>IIRC, this is a hidden option, i.e. one that isn't set by the GUI
>settings.  Search around for it, or if you can't find it I could skim
>my config files.

i found it in the tweaks, thanks!

>>Can i move arrows for the panel button menus to the top so they are not
>>on the right like i could in 4.2?
>>

>No; see the recent Xfce/KDE/CDE thread between Joe Klemmer and Jasper.
>

>>I have a gtk issue with the arrows in all the menus. It was tough to
>>find a spot i could take a screenshot of without losing the menu when
>>focus changed, be here is the launcher dialog, notice the huge arrow for
>>the icon: http://nd.dyndns.org:81/downloads/giant_arrows.jpg
>>I deleted any gtkrc files i had and when i move my whole .config folder
>>it goes away but i don't want to have to redo all my settings. So does
>>anyone have a tip as to where to look for setting this?
>>

>I'm pretty sure that's just your theme; is the arrow the same size for
>all, or does it change?  (Again, I can't check this at the moment.)

its not the theme cause i tried changing everything thing i could, UI
settings, icons, wm settings... etc.
heres a better screenshot: http://nd.dyndns.org:81/downloads/arrows.jpg

>>A little feedback for discussion... When creating a new launcher and I
>>select "other" for the icon I don't like how it automatically opened the
>>browser. I prefer to just enter the name there (i.e. "gaim") so the icon
>>will still change with the theme.
>>

>I haven't tried this recently, but I agree with you here.  Are you
>saying it's not possible to do that currently?

no its still possible but basically what happens is when I select other
from the drop down box it immediately pops up the file browser, which I
have to cancel out of and then I can manually enter the icon name. I
just didn't like that it automatically popped up the file browser, as
opposed to 4.2 it just enabled the text box when other was selected.