Just installed the beta, a few questions...

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Tue May 2 14:24:38 CEST 2006

On 5/2/06, Nick Deubert <ndeubert at optonline.net> wrote:
> Now for a couple questions... (i skimmed bugzilla for these with no success)
> The workspaces don't wrap anymore?
IIRC, this is a hidden option, i.e. one that isn't set by the GUI
settings.  Search around for it, or if you can't find it I could skim
my config files.

> Can i move arrows for the panel button menus to the top so they are not
> on the right like i could in 4.2?
No; see the recent Xfce/KDE/CDE thread between Joe Klemmer and Jasper.

> I have a gtk issue with the arrows in all the menus. It was tough to
> find a spot i could take a screenshot of without losing the menu when
> focus changed, be here is the launcher dialog, notice the huge arrow for
> the icon: http://nd.dyndns.org:81/downloads/giant_arrows.jpg
> I deleted any gtkrc files i had and when i move my whole .config folder
> it goes away but i don't want to have to redo all my settings. So does
> anyone have a tip as to where to look for setting this?
I'm pretty sure that's just your theme; is the arrow the same size for
all, or does it change?  (Again, I can't check this at the moment.)

> A little feedback for discussion... When creating a new launcher and I
> select "other" for the icon I don't like how it automatically opened the
> browser. I prefer to just enter the name there (i.e. "gaim") so the icon
> will still change with the theme.
I haven't tried this recently, but I agree with you here.  Are you
saying it's not possible to do that currently?