CDE-like behavior (Was: Re: Will using KDE programs use too much system resources?)

Stefan Stuhr xfceuserslist at sstuhr.dk
Tue May 2 00:36:12 CEST 2006

man, 01 05 2006 kl. 13:16 -0700, skrev Brian J. Tarricone:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > The position of the menu arrows on launchers. To make this configurable
> > it would have to be a global option, which I really don't want, because
> > it breaks the nice separation between panel framework and plugins. I'm
> > not sure there is a good solution here, and I'm not planning to
> > implement one before 4.4.0.
>
> You could register and abuse a GtkSetting.  Then it could be settable in
> ~/.gtkrc-2.0

Or maybe it could simply be a hidden option for launchers, e.g. in
~/.config/xfce4/panel/launchers.all or something like that. This may
require a little too much IO overhead, as every launcher item would have
to read it separately. Though it doesn't seem to be very much to me, as
it would only be a few lines.

Also, one may want to use separate settings for each panel, so maybe the
option file should be ~/.config/xfce4/panel/launchers.panel1 for the
first panel, launchers.panel2 for the second, etc.

> 	-brian

Stefan