CDE-like behavior (Was: Re: Will using KDE programs use too much system resources?)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon May 1 21:59:50 CEST 2006

Erik Harrison schreef:
> On 4/30/06, Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
>> Now, I know where the developers are going with 4.4 and I'm all for the
>> advancements but the lack of CDE'ness is going to be a problem for me.
>> The idea of me writing some plug-ins to fill the void is good but I
>> don't have the ability to do the programming needed.  Maybe I can make a
>> plug-in to have the desktop switching buttons but it would be a miracle
>> if that were to happen.

I'll make a CDE switcher for you when I can find a little time --
unfortunately, that is a little harder than I would like, these days :(
-- hopefully before 4.4.0.

> Other than the desktop switching buttons, Joe, what is missing in the
> current 4.4 betas?

The position of the menu arrows on launchers. To make this configurable
it would have to be a global option, which I really don't want, because
it breaks the nice separation between panel framework and plugins. I'm
not sure there is a good solution here, and I'm not planning to
implement one before 4.4.0.

	Jasper