testing 4.3.90.1: problems

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Mon May 1 10:34:25 CEST 2006

Le Dimanche 30 Avril 2006 08:18, Brian J. Tarricone a écrit :
> > For the moment I've built the essential packages like in 4.2.3.2: XFCE
> > starts OK, except the mouse pointer is a big "X", and app windows have no
> > titlebars and no buttons to close/reduce/maximize.
>
> Sounds like xfwm4 is not running.

I rebuilt all packages in the suggested order, and I still had the same
problem. So I just opened the desktop menu, launched "Run Program" and typed
"xfwm4"... which resolved the problem. Now all applications have window
decorations and buttons.

I wonder what's happened. Since I will have to install this on a series of
publicly accessible machines, for the moment I'll use the workaround of
launching xfwm4 manually on the first startup, until I find the solution of
the problem.

Besides that: I took a peek at the new functionalities of XFCE. You guys are
simply the best. I love it!

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs