Autostarting apps on login

Kevin Somervill ksomervi at brokenlogo.com
Tue Mar 28 14:15:00 CEST 2006

MC Alexander Toresson spun it on 03/26/06 13:51:

> Ubuntu has svn snapshots of Xfce. In xfce 4.2.x this was done
> differently. Basically, you put anything executable (script, binary,
> symlink) into ~/Desktop/Autostart/ (create that dir if necessary).

I tried both links and executable scripts in ~Desktop/Autostart, but it
didn't do anything.  It works with other executables, but not adesklets.

Probably should have mentioned it's an LFS system.

./ks

--
Kevin Somervill

"...Deep Hack Mode--that mysterious and frightening state of
consciousness where Mortal Users fear to tread."
(By Matt Welsh)