xfce4-panel and compiz

Foxy foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk
Sat Mar 18 17:24:03 CET 2006

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Foxy schreef:
>
>> I decided to play with compiz and xorg-aiglx and it works nicely with
>> xfce. The only problem is xfce4-panel. It looks like it starts too early
>> because I can see it during splash screen, but then crashes so I have to
>> start it manually. I use a script to start compiz-aiglx which goes like
>> this:
>>

>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> /usr/bin/gnome-window-decorator-aiglx &
>>> LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=TRUE /usr/bin/compiz-aiglx --replace decoration
>>> wobbly fade minimize cube rotate zoom scale move resize place switcher
>>> opaquefocus opacity &
>>>
>> Is it possible to fix xfce4-panel?
>>

> With no other information, very unlikely...
>
> Are there any error messages?
>
> 	Jasper

no, no error messages. I log in into my account, see the running mouse
(Balou splash screen), while the messages about programmes launched are
running at the bottom of the screen, the upper panel appears with the
plugins on it. Then it disappears and I have a xfdesktop and compiz. So
I run 'xfce4-panel &' from terminal and everything is up and running. It
looks like it starts too early. I have no idea how to get an error
message as I do not have anything up when it starts and crashes.