A Couple of Plug-in Questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 29 23:48:39 CEST 2006

   I want to use the sensors plug-in on my main server/workstation and the
battery plugin on my notebook. They're fighting me, so help is appreciated.

   On the server/workstation, when I try to run ./configure I see this error:
checking for libxfce4panel-1.0 >= 4.3.20... not found
*** The required package libxfce4panel-1.0 was not found on your system.

   I was running version 4.2.2 (which came with the Slackware-10.2
distribuion), and just upgraded to 4.2.3.2 (the latest I find), but hit the
same wall. I cannot find _any_ libxfce4panel on this system. What have I
missed here?

   On the notebook (also running 4.2.2, with plug-in version 0.3.0), the
battery indicator used to work, but no longer does since I upgraded the
distribution. The icon is there, but hovering the pointer over it does not
bring up any tool tip with remaining time, charge, or anything. Those options
are selected in the properties dialog box.

   Both systems are running the 2.4.32 kernel.

TIA,

Rich