Where to set user specific environments?

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Wed Jun 28 15:22:57 CEST 2006

Hadmut Danisch wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 08:26:52AM -0400, Andrew Conkling wrote:
>

>>> where would I set user specific environment settings etc.
>>>
>> ~/.config/xfce4
>>

> That's not a file, but a directory on my machine.

It's the directory where xfce components store their settings. What kind
of "specific environment settings" would you like to adjust? Environment
variables? On startup, xfce runs /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc (if there's no
xinitrc in ~/.config/xfce/). I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to
do, but copying /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc to ~/.config/xfce/ and doing your
modifications in there might be what you're looking for.

HTH,  Nick.