Window menu hotkey

Jean-Baptiste Mestelan mestelan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 12:36:52 CEST 2006

Hello :-)

I very much like Xfce 's functionality. I only miss the possibility to press
a hotkey for direct access to the menus of the window in focus.

If this makes it clearer, I mean the equivalent of the 'Alt' key for MS
Windows desktop : if the window in focus is - say- Firefox, the hotkey
should set focus on the 1st element of window menu (i.e. 'File' menu).

I find this particular keyboard shortcut highly practical, and feel a little
awkward without it. Actually, I miss it on ALL Linux desktops, so maybe it
exists as a simple function, which I am just unaware of ?

Is there a way I can have this work in XFCE desktop ?
Thank you for your feedback :-)