What happened to my panel?

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 19 06:04:52 CEST 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 at 9:17am, Biju Chacko wrote:

:On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:45:13 +0530, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>
:wrote:
:
:> One thing I'd like to see is some uniformity between how the panel and
:> taskbar are configured.  Right now the configuration dialogs for
:> location, size, etc... are completely different -- even though they are
:> basically "two bars that can be moved around".
:
:I've been telling you for a while now that you shouldn't be having 4.2.x
:and 4.4 installed parallely. There is no taskbar in 4.4 -- it's just
:another instance of the panel. What you're looking at are left over bits
:from the older version.

I'm pretty sure he's using 4.2, where the taskbar and panal dialogs ARE
completely different.

I'm liking the integrated panel dialog in 4.4, where you can define any
number of "panels", one of which can function as a "taskbar".  It's very
cool, and so I apologise again for venting about not having my 4.2 panel
settings transfer to my 4.4 panel.  That was a small price to pay for the
additional functionality.

Patrick