Noob-Qs: StarOffice 8 menu fonts, xfterm4 with spaces in font name ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Jun 15 22:16:00 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 15:58 -0400, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Heck, I should load OpenOffice.org 2.02 on Fedora Core 5 to see if
> it has the same issue.

Eck, I just realized why I don't.

It splooges libgcj and Java support stuff onto my system, sigh.
I use jpackage and alternatives, but it's not perfect.
I wish Red Hat and Sun could come to an agreement on directories,
dependencies and use of alternatives.
Although most of the problem is Sun's fault, sometimes there are
packaging attitudes at Red Hat that could be a little more
"accommodating/considerate" for those of us that load the SDK.

--
Bryan J. Smith           Professional, technical annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com