Lost right click and menu

James Westby jw+xfce at jameswestby.net
Mon Jun 12 18:20:41 CEST 2006

On (12/06/06 18:06), Mike Massonnet wrote:
> Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:10:49 -0400 - "Gallagher, Tim \(NE\)"
> <Tim.Gallagher at gd-ais.com> wrote :
>
> > I have some how lost the ability to see the menu via a right click or
> > the menu button.  Can anyone tell me how to get this back?
> >

> Run xfdesktop again.
> Alt+F2 => xfdesktop

It sounds to me like this isn't the problem in this case, as the panel
menu has gone as well. I think the OP will find that
.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml is empty, and this occured some time
after using xfce-menueditor (and it crashing?). The solution it seems is
to copy the default menu (/etc/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml) back over the
personal one.

I might also guess that the OP is using Ubuntu, but I may be wrong and
it is more general than this.

Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed, or at least reported if
not?

My apologies if this is incorrect.

James