xfce kiosk mode and xffm settings

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 20:06:31 CEST 2006

http://www.xfce.org/documentation/docs-4.2/xfce4-session.html#xfsm-kiosk-mode

>  and
>
>  that i would like to make the everything except the usrs home not available to a user and also disable the settings and the preferences option for users with some default settings given by me

The default directories (assuming your distro doesn't mess with them)
are listed here:
http://www.xfce.org/documentation/docs-4.2/xfce4-session.html#files-and-env-vars.
 I don't know whether kiosk mode would handle locking things down from
an app-level (I've never used it), but you could always lock down the
files, but be careful: any user would need (at least) to read any
number of files.

> <SNIP and a half>

HTH,
Andrew