menu doesn't show up

nusret nbalci_l at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 3 21:26:44 CEST 2006

--- Michel Leunen <ml at leunen.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just install xubuntu on a computer but the menu
> doesn't show up when I
> right-click on the desktop or use the xfce-menu
> plugin in the panel. I
> tried to kill xfdesktop and re-run it but without
> result.
> Any clue?
>
> Michel

You can try this: copy /etc/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml
to ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml
and stay away from the menu editor for a while until
xubuntu team fixes it. Been there, done that :). Also
this question was raised in xubuntu forums after I was
bitten. Seems a xubuntu issue.
There are other options as well, like deleting
~/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml (this brings back
your menu).
Nusret