What's in a name? (was: Re: about symbolic links on Desktop)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Jun 2 22:48:56 CEST 2006

nusret wrote:

>>Mike.
>>PS: It is Xfce and not XFCE.
>
> See http://www.xfce.org/index.php.
>
> Tell me what you see on the logo (upper left corner of
> the page) ;).

	The current naming convention is actually Xfce (unless something has
changed, which is entirely possible).  But back in the day it was
originally XFce.  This is because the first version of it were built
using the xforms toolkit.  This vaguely corresponded to "XForms
computing environment," more or less.  As we used to say back in the
LIN-uks/LIE-nuks naming wars...

	You can call it Fred if you like, just as long as you use it.

Joe