about symbolic links on Desktop

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Jun 1 23:03:35 CEST 2006

Mike Massonnet wrote:

>>	I'm curious, what are you sending to another desktop by
>>clicking on the desktop?  If you want to send a particular window to
>>another desktop you can either right click on the title bar or left
>>click on the  [-] window widget thingy.  The "Send to..." selection
>>there will let you send the window to any desktop/workplace you want.
>
> Misstake!  The "Send to" is the action to send a file from Thunar to
> ~/Desktop (the desktop).  OK, actually there were more than one
> question in 3), but I answered this part:

	I'm not sure why you would want this but, hey, whatever floats your
boat.  File management, I figure, is best done with a file manager but
we all get used to doing things a certain way and that's the way we
prefer.  I'm not one to judge much; I prefer to do all my file
manipulation work in either midnight commander or, better yet, right at
the shell prompt.

	It's like back in the day when I did web stuff.  People would ask me
what I used to build web pages.  I told them vi(m).  When I started
doing web stuff there wasn't anything like dreamweaver, frontpage, blah,
blah.  I could do web stuff faster in vi than I could in any of those
other apps.

Me