Is it possible to print?

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Fri Jul 28 13:06:47 CEST 2006

Rainer Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:04:50 -0400, Pierre Thibault wrote:
>

>> Nikolas Arend a écrit :
>>
>>> One last shot in the dark... Nobody answered my question yet whether
>>> one of you installed xfce on your own (e.g. from source) or just used
>>> theversion shipping with Xubuntu.
>>>

>> I am using the version from Xubuntu.
>>

> I am using the version given by Xubuntu, too.

Assuming that the reason is not your printer/CUPS installation, I'd
suggest that you upgrade xfce if there are newer Xubuntu packages
available. If not you can try building xfce yourself from svn (probably
not worth the effort and maybe not exactly recommended for
"unexperienced" users).
As an alternative, there are other printing frontends for CUPS
available, like gtklp (gtklp.sourceforge.net), which I like very much
since it offers virtually all ppd-file options of a printer. You can't
use it with mousepad, though.

Nick.