Is it possible to print?

Timothy White xfce.users at weirdo.bur.st
Thu Jul 27 14:07:17 CEST 2006

> > My situation is nearly the same. I am using
> > xfce 4.4 Beta1 (4.3.90.2) and cups in Xubuntu 6.06 LTS.
> > With the cups web-interface (http://localhost:631) I succeed
> > in installiing and managing a local printer (HP Deskjet 690C).
> > But until now I did not succeed in configuring
> > a Samba printer by that.
> > xfcewiki.org says that samba prinrting is on
> > the wish list. I cannot really believe this.
> >

> Hm, the first post was not about printing via Samba. And I don't exactly
> see what that has to do with xfce. The printers are installed and the
> spooling is still done by CUPS. So as I see it, please correct me if
> that's not true, all properly installed and working CUPS printers should
> work in xfce as well (given that CUPS was chosen as printing system in
> the settings manager).

I think that the wishlist item, is printing directly to a samba
printer, without setting it up in CUPS. If you want to print to Samba
printers, set them up with CUPS, it works a treat!

And make sure that xfce is set to print via CUPS, as said in at least
2 previous emails in this thread.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956