Is it possible to print?

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Thu Jul 27 10:48:37 CEST 2006

Pierre Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to print in Xfce and I am unable to do so.
>
> I added my printer using gnome-cups-manager. I am able to print from the
> GNOME manager the test page. I have no option available when I am trying
> to print using MousePad when my printer is selected. And I have an error
> when I am clicking the Print button: 'Unable to connect tthe client'. In
> the Xfce print manager, my printer is displayed with the name 'Unknown'.
>
> Is there a way to make Xfce print?

I take it that your system uses CUPS for printing/spooling. What xfce
version are you using? Have you set CUPS as the printing system in the
Printing System Selection dialog in the xfce settings manager?
Are you able to print to that printer from other (non-xfce) applications
(e.g. OpenOffice or gedit)?

Regards,  Nick.