iconbox panel-plugin old feature missing

Landry Breuil landry at fr.homeunix.org
Wed Jul 26 21:28:07 CEST 2006

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Landry Breuil schreef:
>> Hello list !
>>
>> I've just noticed that, upgrading from 4.2 to 4.4 (and from a standalone
>> appl to a panel-plugin), the iconbox lost a feature that i'm missing a
>> lot : the ability to show the apps icons from all desktops, not only the
>> current one (and eventually different colors/highlights for apps
>> showed/iconified in other desktops). It was enabled before in the
>> iconbox properties, and this option has disappeared....
>> Was this intentional ? (if so, why :) ?)
>
> Ehm, I don't remember... Maybe because I couldn't think of a good way to
> show on wich desktop an app is on.

Iirc, in 4.2 it worked like this :
- apps showed on all ws had no special highlight
- apps hidden on current ws were highlighted in a color
- apps hidden on other ws were highlighted in an other color
- icons were not sorted at all
- the highlight colors depended of the gtk theme used (some themes didnt
show colors)

An idea would be to sort the icons by workspace in the iconbox, with a
little mark between workspaces (a mark like the handles at left/right of
the iconbox), and only grey icons of hidden apps. But this would
transform the iconbox in a kind of pager :)
smth like that :
| app1ws1 - app2ws1 | app1ws2 | | app1ws4 |

Just a rapid though :)
If i have spare time, maybe i'll code this...
Landry