Patch for iconbox panel plugin [Was: iconbox panel-plugin old feature missing]

Landry Breuil landry at fr.homeunix.org
Wed Jul 26 20:50:34 CEST 2006

Landry wrote:
 > Landry Breuil wrote:
 >> Hello list !
 >>
 >> I've just noticed that, upgrading from 4.2 to 4.4 (and from a
standalone
 >> appl to a panel-plugin), the iconbox lost a feature that i'm missing a
 >> lot : the ability to show the apps icons from all desktops, not only
the
 >> current one (and eventually different colors/highlights for apps
 >> showed/iconified in other desktops). It was enabled before in the
 >> iconbox properties, and this option has disappeared....
 >> Was this intentional ? (if so, why :) ?)
 >> Is it hard to patch the actual iconbox code to re-add this feature (i
 >> don't know if i'm the only one using this thing...) ?
> Reading the code of the new iconbox panel plugin,
> http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/xfce4-panel/trunk/plugins/iconbox/iconbox.c
> i've seen that this would be doable patching update_visibility() ,
> adding a new case to this test :
>      if (ws == netk_window_get_workspace (icon->window) ||
>          netk_window_is_sticky (icon->window))
> With a new boolean, configurable through the config window of the
> plugin. I don't want to make all my appls sticky :)
>
> Am i on the right way, or missing a lot of other things ?
> Is this kind of silly little patch acceptable ?

Finally, i fired up vim & gcc, and wrote the corresponding patch adding
this "feature". It applies on svn or -beta2 original iconbox.c, and adds
a configuration key named 'all_workspaces'. Works for me like a charm,
and if i'm motivated i'll add the 'different colors for hidden apps on
other workspaces' like in xfce4-iconbox.

As it adds a new string to xfce4-panel.pot and other .po files, i dunno
if i can be applied to svn .. is there a string freeze atm for -betas ??

Should i file a bug on bugzilla and attach the patch there too ?

Thanks,
Landry