debian package, upgrade and libxfce4util4?

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Tue Jul 25 17:50:09 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 21:15 +0800, cathayan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here should be some debian users.

Yeah. We are also on #debian-xfce on freenode and we have a
website/mailinglist available on alioth
(http://pkg-xfce.alioth.debian.org)

>  i want to know how to upgrade xfce4 in debian sid?

simple answer is: don't

>  i run apt-get install xfce4, and only this meta package was upgraded
> to 4.3.90.2. install all xfce4 packages one by one to upgrade them? is
> there some method more easy?

just wait. we are currently uploading beta2, and in the meantime it's
quite broken because not every packages yet reached the archive.

> and what is the relationship between libxfce4util4 and libxfce4util2?
> seems there are some brokens because these 2 packages.

libxfce4util has got incompatible changes between beta1 and beta2, so
every packages depending on it need to be rebuilt, and now depend on
libxfce4util4. Older packages will be removed when they'll have a
replacement built against libxfce4util4.

It should be over in a few days, you can follow it on our channel.

--
Yves-Alexis