missing window decorations with openoffice windows

Vincent Groenewold vincentgroenewold at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 12:40:08 CEST 2006

It sounds to me as a failing xfdesktop. Perhaps, again, by not correctly
upgrading xfce to 4.4. I had the same when I was correcting my upgrade step
by step. What you could try is to manually start xfdesktop (just in xterm),
then logout of xfce without stopping xfdesktop. It's also possible that
xfdesktop works, but isn't auto-started because of an earlier saved
configuration in which xfdesktop wasn't started either.

Cool, a failing upgrade gives quite a bit of UI understanding. :)