Thunar/DBUS - floppy support.

nuser fakeact at bol.com.br
Mon Jul 10 04:53:09 CEST 2006

 Hi,

 Andrey Borzenkov gave me an answer on the floppy volume not being available to Thunar.

 This is the message from HAL ml.
> can automatically mount devices which HAL tells the volume for that device.
> Of course it doesn't find a volume there, there is no floppy disk, the same
> happens with the cdrom drive, usb port. But, when I plug a pendrive or
> insert a cdrom, an object for each volume inside the device is created,
> right? When I insert a disk on the cdrom drive:
>
> DeviceAdded, udi=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_label_MYFILES
>
> How can I solve this? Where sits the "problem" for no being able to have
> hal to tell when I insert a disk on the floppy drive? Not even when I
> mounted the disk, restarted hald, the volume was not listed.

"There is no feasble way to probe for media on standard PC floppy drive, so HAL
adds mount methods to storage device itself, not volumes. Your volume manager
should present you with a representation of unmounted floppy and let you
manually mount and unmount it. This is the same way other OS work too.

- -andrey"

  Makes sense, did you ever inserted a disk on a legacy floppy drive and it showed up on thunar, like happens with the cdrom? Unfortunally it didnt here =|.