Prevent users from editing menu/desktop shortcuts.

nuser fakeact at bol.com.br
Sat Jul 8 21:54:07 CEST 2006

 I'm using XFCE 4.3.90.1 and here is how /etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc looks like:
 --
[xfce4-panel]
CustomizePanel=root

  Right now users cannot change panel shortcuts, they get back do default setting when user logs off.

  But they can change their Desktop menu, change the panel menu, and can change the way xfce manages the desktop, by telling it (using the config manager) to have file/launcher icons as the Desktop icons (therefore controlling desktop shortcuts).

 Is there a "kiosk" way to prevent menu editing at least? Or some other not so polite way (I' dont want to chattr +i on the menu files).

  Thanks