Using Panel Plugins

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 27 20:57:51 CET 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> It depends a bit on the version of Xfce you are using, but basically they
> will show up in the Add Items list of the panel that you can access from
> the right-click mouse menu. The plugins probably have to be installed in
> the same prefix as the panel.

   Thanks, Jasper. I discovered this myself only this morning by reading the
panel section of the manual. Sure enough, it works!

>>    And, will the battery status work with the newer kernels and portable
>> status reporting?
> No idea, sorry.

   For those who care, the answer is "yes." I opted to see the battery icon as
well as the percentage of charge remaining, and the time. It works great!
I've needed this ever since battstat wouldn't work with the 2.6 kernel.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"