xfprint4 "Unable to Print To Temporary File" When Printing

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Tue Jan 24 18:49:50 CET 2006

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get a printer working on a machine that's running Xfce and
FreeBSD. I've got CUPS and all that going, but throughout the course of
trying to get that printing properly, xfprint4 started giving two errors.

I was working on getting printing working last night, and at first I was
having some problems with CUPS and getting it to print properly. I
continued to troubleshoot that, but without changing anything on the
machine, xfprint4 started giving me the following two errors whenever
trying to print:

- Unable to Print To Temporary File
- An Error Occurred

I almost got the CUPS end figured out I think, but I can no longer print
this way to test. So my questions are:

1) What file is it trying to output to? I have ample free space on all
partitions so I'm not sure why it couldn't write.

2) Any way to get a more descriptive error message?

3) What would cause this and how would it be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

-Mark
Xfce 4.2.3
FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE

--
GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc

Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com
Rock 101.9 The Edge (Rock) - http://www.rock1019.net

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)