Xfce review as seen in the press

Stefan Stuhr xfceuserslist at sstuhr.dk
Fri Jan 13 02:17:29 CET 2006

fre, 13 01 2006 kl. 06:30 +0530, skrev Ravi Kumar:
> What GUI library is used by the developers of XFCE to create these
> light weight applications ? Have you developed a unique library
> in-house or are you using GTK+ ones ?

Xfce did in the 1.x (and I think 2.x) days use the XForms toolkit. That
(the XF in the name because of the traditional use of XForms) is also
the cause of the confusion with XFMail, which have also traditionally
used (and use? It seems like they are/were porting it to GTK) the XForms
toolkit.
Xfce 3.x was using GTK1, and the current Xfce 4.x uses GTK2.

Stefan