SVN panel plugins

Stefan Stuhr xfceuserslist at sstuhr.dk
Wed Jan 11 00:46:26 CET 2006

tir, 10 01 2006 kl. 18:28 -0500, skrev Andrew Conkling:
> I've been using gnome-panel lately, rather unhappily, since I've
> switched to Xfce SVN.  (Sorry, Jasper.) :(  Reason being, I've not
> found sufficient plugins that were ready to go.  All I need is a nice
> menu, workspace switcher, weather, notes, keyboard switcher, and
> system tray.  (Nothing off the beaten path.)  I think I heard about
> these being ported over for 4.3, but I couldn't find the message....
> Is it true?

Xfce4-panel in SVN comes with new/ported plugins that can replace almost
all the default plugins in Xfce 4.2.

Jasper made some _unofficial_ ports of a lot of the goodies plugins at
http://www.foo-projects.org/~jasper/plugins/

For a mail checker plugin, use xfce4-mailwatch-plugin from Xfce SVN.

The plugin in xfce4-mixer have also been ported.

Some of the goodies in the SVN of http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de/,
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/xfce-goodies/?sc=0, may have been ported.

> Also, has anyone been using pyxfce?

That would be me :)

> I've been looking at it, but
> haven't really checked it out yet.  I'd be interested in working on
> some panel plugins using it if that's possible.

There comes a test plugin with PyXfce, it's a good starting point.
Also, the Xfce4 C API documentation is useful:
- http://xfce.loculus.nl/documentation/API/XfcePanelPlugin.html
- http://www.xfce.org/documentation/api-4.2/

> Cheers,
> Andrew