xffm installer script

Mr Machine machinehasnoagenda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:53:03 CET 2006

Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Mr Machine wrote:
>

>>Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
>>
>>>I believe I now have a working script to build and install
>>>xffm and all dependencies and plugins (except libxfce4util).
>>>
>>>The script is in SVN at  xffm/trunk/installer.sh
>>>
>>>If you want to edit out components to be installed,
>>>the file to look at is xffm/trunk/install.pm
>>
>>i tried using this script, but it fails with this:
>>
>>Doing make install...
>>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> The problem here is with the libX11.so not being in your normal library
> directory. Seem that I must put a test for the X11 library in the
> configure script.
>
> Seems weird that such a basic library is not in the library path.
> What OS and distribution are you using?

hmmm ... did some further investigating on google, and yr right - X11
libraries were not in my path. well, they're in *my* path, but not in
root's ... i'm using q-collective's xfce-svn script, which requires to
be run as root during the whole svn-checkout/configuration/compilation
process. i entered 'env' at the command-line as root, and my
PKG_CONFIG_PATH only points to Mono's stuff. i guess my installation of
Mono recently wiped out root's default PKG_CONFIG_PATH?!

anyways, i managed to get the xffm installer through its motions by
exporting the correct X11 pkgconfig path :)

oh, i'm using Fedora Core 4 ...

cheers

shayne o'connor