X environment

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:17:19 CET 2006

On 2/28/06, Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
> Simple solution:
>
> Create a script (xfdesktop.ja) for your japanese user:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> LC_COLLATE='ja_JP.UTF-8' xfdesktop&
>
> have this executed this instead of xfdesktop.

Am I the only one who's not had a problem setting an LC_* setting in
my bash settings?  I checked and I've had 'export
LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.utf8"' in my ~/.bashrc for months and it's been
working (both in GNOME and Xfce).  And yes, I am using GDM to login.

Again, I wonder about the single quotes....

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com