error compiling xffm

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Tue Feb 28 12:27:41 CET 2006

> ok, I have exported the path and lib variables but still got
>> config.status: executing po/stamp-it commands
>> sed: can't read ./po/POTFILES.in: No such file or directory
>> config.status: error: po/Makefile is not ready.

It seems like the problem you encounter is related with the po directory
only. If I chdir to trunk/fgr and do "sudo make svn-clean", these are the
files that remain:

ChangeLog  es.po  ja.po  POTFILES.in

And then, after a "sudo ./autogen.sh && ls po":

ChangeLog  ja.po     Makefile.in     POTFILES
es.po      Makefile  Makefile.in.in  POTFILES.in

And with a "sudo make"

Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/common/SVN/xffm/trunk/fgr/po'
file=`echo es | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
   && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/gmsgfmt -o $file es.po
file=`echo ja | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
   && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/gmsgfmt -o $file ja.po
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/common/SVN/xffm/trunk/fgr/po'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/common/SVN/xffm/trunk/fgr'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/common/SVN/xffm/trunk/fgr'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/common/SVN/xffm/trunk/fgr'

This is what you should have in the end:

ChangeLog  es.po   ja.po     Makefile.in     POTFILES
es.gmo     ja.gmo  Makefile  Makefile.in.in  POTFILES.in

If you do a "chown -R trunk/fgr xxx" you should be able to do all the
above without sudo.

regards,