Annoying /. Xfce guy.

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:55:24 CET 2006

On 2/24/06, Matthew Johnston <o2kewl at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1)   I am using Nvidia hardware and twinview settings in xorg.conf to span
> my desktop;  The are multiple screen artifacts and bugs (like green bars
> running halfway through one screen.)

If you're using composite in X, that would probably cause that, but if
not, I'm not sure; I've not used twinview.

> 2)  Multiple desktop crashes (that restart the x-server)

Again, if you're using composite, I'd bet that's causing that, but if
not, it would be good to find out which program is crashing.  You're
saying that the whole desktop just exits?  Is it immediate, after a
certain amount of time, or when you run a specific program?

> 3) Panel preferences not being saved from one session to the next.

That sounds like a bug that showed up in 4.2.1.  I know that Breezy
uses 4.2.2, so I don't think that'd be it.  Maybe your other crashing
issues are preventing the panel from exiting cleanly, which means that
its configuration isn't saved.  Try setting up your panel as desired,
right-clicking on the handle of the panel, and selecting "Restart."
This will force the panel to save your configuration right then.

(And would you mind if I posted this to the Xfce list?  I know there
are some twinview users thereon.)

HTH,
Andrew

--