Lost XFCE panel

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:49:46 CET 2006

On 2/20/06, Michel Doucet <mimi.doucet at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Good evening,
> I'm working with Ubuntu with the XFCE4 environment. Yesterday I tried
> the Dapper release and I got a lot of problems. For now it's OK I am
> coming back with the Breezy release. One thing is missing, I lost my
> XFCE panel. I know I can reach my programs with a right click on the
> screen but I had some interesting plugins in this panel.,When the
> session starts I see this panel for a few milliseconds and then it's
> seems to be killed. I can also see the panel very briefly when I make
> "run xfce4-panel".
> Do you have some advices to repair this situation ? Thanks a lot.

Hi Michel,
Try opening a terminal window and running xfce4-panel.  Any errors or
output should spit out there and you can see why the panel is
crashing.  More than likely, you're seeing a bug in a plugin (sounds
like they may be a little TOO interesting :), and if that's the case,
you can wipe your panel configuration by deleting the appropriate
directory; I *think* it's ~/.config/xfce4/xfce4-panel or somesuch.

Also, once you get it running, if you find that it doesn't start up
when you login, just run it again and save your session on logout.

> PS. Sorry for my bad English ;-)

I didn't even notice.  And it's certainly better than my French!

HTH,
Andrew

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com