OT: Why planet gnome doesn't tell all the truth?

Timothy White xfce.users at weirdo.bur.st
Sun Feb 19 09:50:17 CET 2006

As my contribution, I tried this on my machine, with rxvt,
xfce4-terminal, eterm, and xvt
My CPU is always at 100% cpu usage, due to F at H, and I ensured the file
was cached. I ran the test a few times in each terminal, and basically
did a quick mental averaging. All tests are under XFCE4 (SVN)

rxvt (version 2.6.4) ~0.99s
xterm ($ xterm -version gives XTerm(203)) ~8.99s
xvt (Comes up as xterm-r6) ~20s
eterm (0.9.2) ~1.5s (We get some sort or char corruption though)
xfce4-terminal (0.2.5svn-19862) ~3.5s

So why is rxvt faster? Does it not cache as much scroll back? How can
I get the size of it's scroll back?

Thanks

Tim
--