icons on the pannel

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:57:15 CET 2006

On 2/16/06, Deephay <tudoxxx at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Thx! Yes, one of the item is able to specify the icon path, but where the icons are?
> in /usr/share/xfce4/ ? so, then I need a good manually scan of the icons, right? thx!

It's not just the icon path you can specify, but also the icon name.
For instance, simply typing "Terminal" in the text box will find the
installed icon for Terminal and apply that.  Doing this will allow
your icon theme's icons to be used before the stock icons.  This is my
preferred way, as I typically use a non-standard icon theme.

You can typically use the executable name for the application's icon
name (if the developers are nice :), but you can also find it in any
installed .desktop files (the icon should similarly not be hardcoded
with path there) or as any installed graphics.

HTH,
Andrew

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com