XFCE crashes immediately after login

Chris Dufresne duf82z24 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 15:54:41 CET 2006

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, I'm not sure if my
last attempt made it through.

I'm using RHEL-3, installed all the dependencies, and
ran the xfce graphical installer. So now I have xfce
in my sessions list of gdm but when I attempt to login
using it the session immediately terminates with the
"The session lasted less than 10 seconds" error
sending me back to the login screen.

I have checked both .xsession-errors and
/var/log/messages neither has any information about
what went wrong. The gnome desktop still works. This
problem is especially frustrating because I can't seem
to find an error report on it anywhere.

Has anyone ran into this error or have any ideas what
could be causing it?

--Chris