The numlock key

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at stofanet.dk
Wed Feb 15 20:49:28 CET 2006

Hi Xfce community,

I'm running Zenwalk - which uses Xfce - and I wrote an instruction on
how to install "numlockx" to enable the numlock key at startup:

http://www.zenwalk.org/ewiki/?id=How+to+Get+the+NumLock+Key+to+Stay+On

Unfortunately, with the later versions of Zenwalk and Xfce, currently
version 4.3.0 is installed, the tricks don't work anymore.

Can anyone here help me?

I have asked at the Zenwalk forum and here it is:

http://www.slackplanet.org/index.php?topic=2006.0;topicseen

... as you can see, running numlockx manually works fine, but I (and
noone else) seems to get it to work when trying to execute numlockx in
xinitrc.xfce ...there's more info in the above link.

I would be really interested in your help. Alternative ways to enable
the numeric keypad would also be most helpful.

Best regards,
Claus