[OT] Other apps talk to /dev/dsp ... [SOLVED]

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 15 04:45:18 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 at 9:29pm, sofar wrote:

:On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:09:09 -0500 (EST), Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman at mindspring.com> wrote:
:> I'm sorry, but how is it [OT] to ask on a list devoted to xfce why one of
:> its components appears to be broken?
:
:Your issue was either related to OSS/ALSA or debian-related. Your
:solution confirms this.

That's unknown until the solution is known.  If this is not the place to
ask about a broken component of xfce4, for _whatever_ reason it may be
broken, what is?  Still, apparently no-one here had the answer.

So I posed the question on debian-user, and the _first_ response provided
the answer.  Go figure.

Patrick