Problems with session manager

hernux hernux at etherac.com.ar
Wed Feb 15 01:05:54 CET 2006

Hi,

I've just instaled xfce svn in my xubuntu and now session manager is not
working right.. I have two more pc with xubuntu and xfce-svn installed
and they're working fine, so, I think this should be a simple
configuration problem...

The problem, is that when I try to logout, xfce4-session-logout dies
with the folowing message:

xfce4-session-logout: No session manager running.

this is not true, as session manager is running

$ ps fax | grep xfce4-session
8972 ?        S      0:00          \_
/home/hernux/usr/xfce-dev/bin/xfce4-session

is there a log file where I can find why is this happening??

thanx
hernux